Wednesday 22 May 2013

Metal Leggings and the Rise of Robotic Runways

These days I feel like I'm wasting the whole summer away. It hasn't even been a month yet and I'm ready for school to pick back up again. However, while idleness starts to get the best of me, the internet has proven once again to be a well of inspiration. Enter Balenciaga's SS '07 collection of sleek, metal leggings. The moment I saw them, I thought of Fritz Lang's stunning sci-fi film, Metropolis

Source:  Cinematoria
I love the appeal of the golden metallic sheen. While it isn't practical nor easy to simply wear something so lengthy and outlandish, who says it can't be done? But while there is a will, there is a way and as Balenciaga proves, there is much more elegance to metal than meets the eye.



Source: Augustine Wong
Balenciaga's beautifully robotic leggings retail for $100,000 USD! Holy moly, that's a lotta dough! 

No comments:

Post a Comment